The interaction and overlap between copyright, designs and database rights is complex, and the protection granted by each quite different.
Our practice covers a wide variety of copyright, database rights and design disputes and transactions, and working closely with our teams throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, we can provide advice on both domestic and cross-border issues. We have developed particular strength in acting for clients across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- disputes relating to copyright, designs and database rights
- registration of copyrights and designs
- strategic advice
- exploitation of rights by licensing and technology transfers
- media rights
- publishing rights
- digital rights management
- due diligence and support on corporate transactions.