Patents are valuable strategic assets for businesses in a wide-range of industries. The period of exclusivity conferred by a patent provides a time-limited opportunity to recover investments in research and development and to generate a return on investment for shareholders. Patents are the quid pro quo for the disclosure of new and useful information to the public. Determining the best filing strategy for your company is crucial. You can count on our knowledgeable team of professionals to protect your invention. It all starts with patent applications, soundly drafted by our patent agents, having a technological background in your field of business. Then these patent applications are filed according a customised plan to meet your needs.
In the global economy, it is essential that the acquisition, commercialisation and enforcement of patent rights be coordinated in multiple jurisdictions. We have the experience to provide clients with timely advice in a cost-effective and seamless manner, working closely with our colleagues throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
We have particular strength across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. We also have knowledge and experience in the software and business method patent issues that are often at the heart of information technology disputes.
Our areas of work include
- patent disputes, including large scale cross-border patent litigation
- devising a patent filing strategy for your needs
- preparing, drafting, and filing patent applications and international portfolio management
- coordination of patent strategies
- acquisition of patent rights
- assignment and licensing of patented technology
- technology transfer
- due diligence and patent advice in the context of corporate transactions
- patent disputes, including large scale cross-border patent litigation.