Our global Intellectual property lawyers have considerable experience in all aspects of copyright law including protection, due diligence, licensing and enforcement. We assist clients in everything from litigating copyright issues and policing copyright portfolios to obtaining copyright registrations and developing and negotiating licensing and ownership agreements.
"Acts for an impressive client roster in patent, copyright and trademark cross-border cases." — Chambers Global, 2018
Clients depend on our experience within the full range of copyrightable works including software, data and database, audio recordings and music, art, motion pictures and television, technical and architectural designs, literature, mask works and semiconductor chips and evolving media including telecommunications and the Internet.
Our work in copyright law is multi-jurisdictional, with our global team of IP lawyers able to represent their clients’ interests around the world. We are noted as being a leading law firm in highly relevant technical copyright areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Vehicles and Blockchain technology, and we counsel businesses across all industrial sectors for future copyright readiness.
Our areas of work include
- Anti-counterfeiting enforcement and seizure of copyright-protected goods
- Copyright litigation
- Copyright registration and licensing
- Copyright transactions
- Database rights
- Derivative works
- Open source
- Ownership agreements
- Portfolio management
- Software licensing and maintenance
Awards and accolades
- Chambers USA, Minnesota: Intellectual Property, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers USA, Texas: Intellectual Property, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 US, Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation: Full Coverage, The Legal 500, 2018
- Legal 500 US, Intellectual Property: Trademarks: Litigation, The Legal 500, 2018
- Legal 500 US, Intellectual Property: Trademarks: Non-Contentious (including Prosecution, Portfolio Management and Licensing), The Legal 500, 2018