Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Alex Blaney is a banking and finance lawyer based in London. He has experience in a number of varied asset classes, with a particular cross-border focus.
Alex acts primarily for lenders and aircraft leasing companies in complex national and international aircraft finance, lease and trading transactions, as well as advising on offshore financing (whether of a project finance or corporate nature) involving offshore equipment. This includes FPSOs, powerships and drilling rigs operating in the North Sea, offshore Brazil, offshore Mexico, Norwegian Continental Shelf and offshore Senegal.
He has worked closely with many leading aircraft leasing companies, financial institutions and ECAs and has a deep understanding of client requirements, structuring techniques, enforcement analysis and restructuring options.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- A syndicate of lenders on multiple aircraft financings and related restructurings.
- Major international aircraft leasing companies on numerous portfolio and individual acquisitions, leases, disposals and purchase and leasebacks involving a significant number of aircraft, airlines and jurisdictions.
- The lead arrangers, with European ECA support, in secured financing for the refurbishment of an FPSO for operation in offshore Brazil.
- An arranger and the facility agent, with multiple Asian ECA support, in secured financing for the construction of a new build FPSO for operation in the North Sea, and a related review of the underlying project arrangements and multiple jurisdictional issues.
- The mandated lead arrangers on the highly structured cross-border financing for SeaMex, a joint venture between Seadrill and Fintech Investments, of five drilling units for Pemex offshore Mexico, including advising on structuring and enforcement analysis.
- The arrangers and agents in several facilities financing offshore assets operating in the North Sea, including advising on restructuring and work-out options.
- Arrangers on a number of Altera Infrastructure (i) a FPSO financings since 2013 and (ii) new-build shuttle-tanker financings with multiple ECA support.
- The purchaser of distressed offshore equipment for operation in offshore Mexico.
- The arrangers of a secured term loan, revolving credit and guarantee facility for the DeepOcean group, an offshore services provider with operations in Europe and Mexico.
- A group of international banks on the restructuring of debt for an offshore service vessel supply company.