Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Johannes Diez is a corporate lawyer based in Munich. He focuses on corporate law, M&A and private equity and venture capital.
With a particular focus on the financial services and technology and innovation industries, he advises clients on domestic as well as cross-border M&A and private equity transactions.
Johannes studied law in Tuebingen, Lausanne and Munich. During his traineeship he worked for the corporate team of an international law firm and for the legal department of Siemens AG.
- AnaCap Financial Partners (specialist European financial services private equity firm) - on its investment in brokerage group MRH Trowe, one of the ten largest industrial brokers in Germany; on the acquisition of a Munich-based provider of solutions and services for cashless physical point-of-sale payment transactions; on the acquisition of a Vienna-based online payment company; on the acquisition of StarTec Payment & Service GmbH, a leading provider of solutions and services for cashless physical point-of-sale payment transactions; and on the acquisition of a majority stake in online payment company Heidelberger Payment GmbH (Heidelpay).
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) - on its venture capital investment in mobile payment service provider SumUp and the merger of SumUp and payleven.
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft - on a global joint venture with Daimler AG, combining the companies' entire mobility services offerings (including ride-hailing, car-sharing, charging, parking and multimodality); and on the buy-out of several minority shareholders in parking services provider Parkmobile.
- Dynasafe Group - on its European reorganisation.
- Energie 360° AG, a Swiss utility company - on the Series A Investment into a green electricity trading company; and on the acquisition of a minority share in an electricity trading company.
- GE Capital - on the acquisition of a minority stake in the 400 MW Merkur offshore windpark, as well as subsequent negotiations with further equity sponsors to the project and the project financing banks.
- Linimed Gruppe GmbH, the German investment holding company of a European private equity firm specialized on buyout and growth investments in the healthcare sector - on several bolt-on acquisitions as well as on the recapitalization of the group.
- Petroleum Equity - on the formation of a joint venture with Austrian RAG AG for the joint development of E&P in the oil sector.
- Purplebricks, a leading online real estate agent listed on the London Stock Exchange - on the formation of a joint venture with Axel Springer and the joint acquisition of shares in German online real estate broker Homeday, a real estate appraisals and brokerage services online platform operator.
- ReachLocal GmbH, a leading provider of online marketing and advertising solutions - on the sale of its business to RegioHelden GmbH.
- The shareholders of sendmoments GmbH - on their exit to ARCUS Capital and the related re-participation.
Norton Rose Fulbright advises AnaCap Financial Partners on investment in brokerage group MRH Trowe and growth partnership
January 07, 2021
December 09, 2019
Norton Rose Fulbright advises the Auditing Association of German Banks in relation to the privatisation of HSH Nordbank
November 09, 2018