Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Christophe Asselineau is an M&A and projects lawyer based in Paris.
He has more than 25 years of experience advising on projects and M&A transactions worldwide, with a particular focus on Africa.
Christophe is recognized as one of the most experienced lawyers for African M&A and projects transactions, particularly in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure industries. He has advised investors in more than 20 countries in North and Sub-Saharan Africa on many of the largest and most complex or politically sensitive investments made on the African continent. He has also represented clients and acted as an expert witness on natural resources and corruption issues before the Special Commissions of the United Nations, the OECD and the British Parliament.
Christophe frequently advises energy companies seeking to operate, acquire or develop projects in France, where his comments on the French Electricity Act 2000 have been publicly acknowledged as having contributed to some of the changes subsequently made to the Act.
Christophe also advises on commercial matters in the aerospace and defence industries.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- LLB, King’s College London (1985)
- A post-graduate degree in corporate and business law, La Sorbonne (1988)
- A post-graduate degree in law, University of Melbourne (1992)
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Barrister and Solicitor, qualified in Australia
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising clients on power, mining, rail and ports infrastructure projects in Guinea, Cameroon, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo and Ethiopia
- Advising clients on petrochemical projects in Algeria and Gabon, electrical plant projects in Cameroon, Togo and Côte d’Ivoire, as well as renewables projects in France.
- Christophe Asselineau has authored articles in English and in French, on international projects, energy transactions and African issues in the Mining Journal, International Energy and Taxation Law Review, Les Echos Energies, La Tribune, the American Lawyer, and Les Afriques.
- Lectures at La Sorbonne on project law and joint-ventures
Firm announces new Africa leadership group
January 09, 2023
Two Paris partners named France Lawyers of the Year 2023 by Best Lawyers
June 23, 2022
Mining law insights
Publication | January 15, 2022
Construction Law Insights
Publication | 2022
Inside emerging markets
Publication | August 24, 2021