Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Chris Aird is a project finance, energy and infrastructure lawyer, based in London. His focus is on renewables, mining and infrastructure.
Chris has experience of advising lenders, contractors and sponsors on the financing, construction and development of projects, including onshore and offshore wind, mining and solar projects in the United Kingdom, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
- Advised a group of Lenders (including IFC FMO and the African Development Bank) on the debt-financing of a 57MW heavy fuel oil power project in Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Advised a project company on a complex cross-border, tripartite fuel supply agreement for a power plant based in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Advised the lenders on the debt-financing of a 50MW onshore wind project in Pakistan
- Currently advising a consortium of lenders and financial institutions in relation to the £470m refinancing of a shareholder's interest in the 630MW London Array offshore wind farm
- Advised a consortium of lenders (led by IFC) on the financing of 13 solar power project in Egypt, with an aggregate capacity of 752MW.