Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Cartels and antitrust investigations
- Employment and labor
- Information governance, privacy and cybersecurity
- Intellectual property
- Litigation and disputes
- Merger control
- Risk advisory
Key industry sectors
Jeremiah is a director at Ascendant Legal, a Singapore law firm in Formal Law Alliance with Norton Rose Fulbright.
Jeremiah's practice focuses on intellectual property, technology and competition law. He heads the firm's competition practice, which has been ranked in The Legal 500 in consecutive years since 2020.
Jeremiah has acted for clients at all levels of the Singapore courts, including the High Court and Court of Appeal. He has also represented clients in contentious proceedings before the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore and the Competition Appeal Board.
In addition to contentious matters, Jeremiah also advises on non-contentious matters relating to IP registration and licensing, domestic and international IP portfolio management, data privacy, technology and business process outsourcing, merger control and competition compliance.
Jeremiah is recognised by The Legal 500 as "a recognised specialist in competition law" (2021) and "a genuine expert in antitrust matters" (2022), as well as a "Rising Star" for Antitrust and Competition – Local Firms.
Jeremiah graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2010, where he was placed on the Dean's List. Prior to joining the firm, he practised intellectual property and competition law under a Senior Counsel at a leading local firm.
National University of Singapore (Dean's List)
- Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- HSBC – in relation to a proposed joint venture with a Chinese company to set up an online wealth management platform, which includes advice on various intellectual property issues.
- De Beers – in relation to the development of a blockchain platform that will provide a mining-to-consumer diamond traceability solution and proof of ethical sourcing, including advice on intellectual property issues, across a number of jurisdictions including the UK and Singapore.
- Aviva – advised on the intellectual property and brand licensing aspects of the combination of Singlife with Aviva Singapore for SGD 3.2bn, which as of December 2020 was the largest-ever insurance deal in Singapore.
Data privacy and cybersecurity
- One of the world's largest fragrance companies - advising and recommending follow-up action in relation to a data privacy breach involving employees' personal data.
- Leading sustainable energy provider – in relation to a cyber breach which resulted in unauthorised transfers of funds to Turkey, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom, including taking remedial measures to trace and recover the funds.
- Leading F&B company – in relation to data privacy issues arising out of a dispute with an ex-employee, including advice on repeated data access requests under the GDPR, Indian and Singapore data privacy law.
- Delta Airlines – advising on the merger control aspects of a joint venture with Korean Air spanning 16 jurisdictions, including Singapore.
- Multinational real estate services firm – in an investigation conducted by the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore arising out of alleged abuse of dominance and anti-competitive conduct against an online property portal.
- Major online food delivery service provider – in an investigation conducted by the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore into allegations of abuse of dominance brought by a competitor.
- One of the world's largest insurance companies – in an investigation conducted by the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore relating to alleged sharing of sensitive commercial information.
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Asian Patent Attorneys Association
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Institute of Singapore Trade Mark Agents
- Mandarin Chinese
Publication | July 31, 2023
Key takeaways from Navigating Socio-Economic Risks Series: Managing social risks in the workplace, and human rights risks in the business and supply chain
Publication | July 28, 2023
Publication | July 14, 2023