Joseph F. Giannini
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Joseph F. GianninivCard
Related services and key industries
Joseph Giannini’s practice focuses on representing domestic and international clients in banking, finance and related transactions. Mr. Giannini has extensive experience representing both borrowers and lenders in connection with secured and unsecured lending transactions, including syndicated credit facilities, working capital facilities, structured finance arrangements and cross-border transactions. He represents a diverse group of clients including national financial institutions, bank syndicates and various domestic and foreign companies. Mr. Giannini also represents clients in connection with restructurings and workouts as well as related enforcement and bankruptcy proceedings.
JD, The Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy, Georgetown University Law Center, 2002
BA, Drew University, 1999
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented BBVA Bancomer S.A. and a syndicate of 8 banks as U.S. counsel for the U.S. dollar portion of a US$180 million five-year term loan credit agreement for Grupo Senda, a leading provider of bus transportation services in Mexico as well as parts of the United StatesThe facility is guaranteed by certain subsidiaries of the borrower.
- Represented Citibank, as Administrative Agent, in connection with a US$100 million secured financing for EGE Haina, a Dominican Republic power company. The principal shareholders of the borrower are Haina Investment Company and Corporacion Dominicana de Electricidad.
- Represented Citibank, N.A., as Administrative Agent, in connection with a US$100 million secured financing for Taca Airlines.
- Represented J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. and a syndicate of nine banks in connection with a US$1 billion guaranteed three-year revolving credit agreement for Mexican industrial group Mexichem, SAB de CVThe facility is guaranteed by certain subsidiaries of the borrower.
- Represented UBS AG, as Administrative Agent, in connection with a cross-border senior secured US$75 million credit facility to a Mexican aviation service provider principally used to refinance existing indebtedness on a fleet of aircraftThe credit facility was secured by (a) revenues generated under the services contracts with Pemex through the use of a Mexican administration and payment trust and (b) a fleet of helicopters operating in Mexico and Peru through the use of a Mexican guaranty trust.
- Represented UBS AG (Stamford Branch) as administrative agent in a US$40 million senior secured term loan for Auto One Acceptance, LLC a start-up company that specializes in high yield consumer loans used to purchase used vehicles.
- Represented Citibank, N.A. as Administrative Agent in a US$77 million syndicated credit facility for a major international oil company, guaranteed by its parent in Eastern Europe.
- Represented a major financial institution as Sole Lead Arranger and Bookrunner and Administrative Agent in a US$450 million credit facility to be used to acquire real estate for development purposes.
- Represented a major financial institution as Sole Lead Arranger and Bookrunner and Administrative Agent in a US$500 million revolving credit facility for a major real estate development company and its various subsidiaries.
- Represented Grupo Cuprum, S.A.P.I. de C.V. in connection with a US$60 million credit facility provided by Banamex and a syndicate of local lenders.
- Represented Ringo Holding L.P. (a subsidiary of Southern Cross Latin America Private Equity Fund IV L.P.) in connection with a US$97 million credit facility provided to Estrella International Energy Services Ltd. to be used in connection with the acquisition of a non-U.S. oil and gas company.
- Represented Gwynnie Bee, an e-commerce provider of women’s clothing, in connection with a term loan facility.
- Rising Star, Banking – United States, IFLR1000, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2018 - 2020
- Eurozone Uncertainty Spurs Focus on Certain Key Provisions in Financing Documentation, Corporate Practice NewsWire, December 2012