‘Highly recommended for restructuring, syndicated loans and acquisition finance. Widely acknowledged as a leading firm in the aviation sector, with further expertise in rail-related asset finance. Clients are particularly impressed by the firm's pan-European and global network.’
Chambers Europe, 2014
Our German banking and finance practice is centred around knowledge of both local and international finance law. We support leading international finance companies in the development of new innovative products and provide joint solutions for all regulatory and structural market problems.
With a particular focus on our key industry sectors, we advise a number of prominent clients from: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Working closely with our colleagues across the globe, we provide both domestic and cross-border advice on the full range of banking and finance transactions throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Our areas of work include
- acquisition and debt finance
- asset finance
- banking, funds and insurance regulatory and securities trading
- capital markets
- project finance and PPP.
Our recent work
- Advising the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure on the A7 Bordesholm–Hamburg motorway, a multi-million dollar PPP project under the A-Model program in Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg.
- Advising WealthCap and EastMerchant on the financing of up to four A330 aircraft leased to Singapore airlines.
- Advising Joyou group on a multi-jurisdictional USD300m loan facility with a consortium of Japanese banks.
- Advising a consortium of banks on the financing of a Boeing 747-8 as part of a French tax lease with Deutsche Lufthansa AG.
- Advising a consortium of banks led by KfW IPEX-Bank, UniCredit and Bremer Landesbank on the €937m financing of the offshore wind farm Butendiek in the North Sea.
- Advising an international consortium of banks led by BayernLB and UniCredit on the financing of a portfolio of eight solar parks with a total capacity of 128.4 MWp located in Templin/Groß Dölln.