Our global Islamic finance lawyers have long-standing experience in delivering pioneering legal advice on Islamic finance transactions for Islamic financial institutions, conventional banks and corporates.
“Highly regarded for its impressive track record in both Islamic finance and traditional banking and finance matters.” - Chambers Global, 2018
With more than 30 years of experience in Islamic finance law, our lawyers have a wealth of knowledge across a range of Shariah-compliant structures, including market-leading experience in Sukuk transactions, Murabaha, Istisna’a, Ijara and Musharakah financings and Takaful deals.
As well as having significant transactional experience, our lawyers regularly advise clients on Shariah governance matters including the establishment of Shariah supervisory boards. Based in the world’s economic hubs and key Islamic finance centers across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, our lawyers provide legal advice to governments worldwide on legislation concerning Islamic finance products.
Our areas of work include
- Asset finance
- Banking and finance
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Investment funds
- Real Estate
- Shariah governance
- Structured trade and commodity finance
- Transport, including aviation finance
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Banking & Finance: Islamic Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 UK, London: Islamic Finance (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2018