Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Richard Sheen is a corporate lawyer based in London, where he is head of the global funds and asset management practice.
Richard has extensive experience advising on financial institutions M&A, investment funds and ECM transactions.
Richard trained with us and became a partner in 1998.
University of Bristol
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Conning Holdings Limited and Cathay Life Insurance – on Conning's acquisition by Generali, creating an asset manager with c.US$845bn in assets under management
- Taylor Maritime Investments Limited - on the successful US$500m voluntary offer for Grindrod Shipping
- Royal Bank of Canada - on the £1.6bn acquisition of Brewin Dolphin Holdings PLC by scheme of arrangement
- Mortgage Advice Bureau (Holdings) plc - on the £72m acquisition of Fluent Money
- Taylor Maritime Investments Limited - on its Main Market IPO valuing the company at $250m
- Charles Stanley Group plc - on the £278m acquisition through scheme of arrangement by Raymond James
- Ecofin US Renewables Infrastructure Trust PLC - on its Main Market IPO which raised $125m
- Brookfield Asset Management - on the acquisition of strategic stakes in credit fund manager LCM Partners.
Leading individual, The Legal 500
- "just gets the job done and knows the demands of the market inside out, which is so important"
Hall of Fame, Corporate and commercial: Equity capital markets - small-mid cap, The Legal 500 UK, 2022
- "a go-to name in the area"
Leading individual, Chambers and Partners UK.
- "adding real value"
- "very professional, thorough and diligent, some who [they] really benefitted from having on my side of the negotiating table"