Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Floortje Nagelkerke is a financial services lawyer based in Amsterdam. She advises clients on a wide range of regulatory matters.
Floortje has particular experience of the regulatory and compliance aspects relevant to financial institutions, such as: fund and investment managers;brokers/dealers; trading platforms; custodians; clearing members; and central counterparties. She advises, drafts and negotiates the documentation used by her clients.
Floortje advises Dutch and foreign companies on: Dutch licencing and notification requirements and processes with the Dutch financial regulators; and matters with the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (the AFM) and the Dutch Central Bank.
Floortje also leads the Amsterdam office's FinTech practice and is a key member of the global FinTech team. She has developed particular knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and advises start-ups, payments providers and financial institutions on the regulatory issues related to the deployment of these technologies.
Before joining the practice in December 2005 she worked as a lawyer for the Dutch financial regulator.
Floortje is co-author of Trading Platforms, contributes to the Groene Kluwer, and regularly writes articles on developments in Dutch banking and securities legislation. She graduated cum laude at the Grotius Academy in Securities Law.
Professional experience+Alle öffnen -Alle schließen
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten: Financieel recht
- Listed in the register of legal practice areas of the Dutch Bar Association: Financieel recht
- Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht 2017, Het spanningsveld tussen MiFID II en de Europese verordening inzake data privacy (GDPR)
- Fiscaal up to Date 2017, Financiële dienstverlening: Het toezicht op benchmarks komt eraan
- Fiscaal up to Date 2016, Financiële dienstverlening: Wetsvoorstel implementatie MiFID II
- Fiscaal up to Date 2016 / The Asset 2016, Bank- en effectenrecht: Klaar voor het nieuwe marktmisbruikregime?
- Juridisch up to Date 2016, Legislative proposal implementation MiFID II
- Floortje has written an article on the rules under the new Market Abuse Regulation that apply as of 3 July 2016
- Association for Financial Law (Vereniging van Financieel Recht)
Split the difference: Markets in EU and UK - Recent and upcoming changes to EMIR
Podcast | 25. April 2023
Split the difference: Markets in EU and UK – Cryptoassets
Podcast | 13. März 2023
Split the difference: Markets in EU and UK – what we should be expecting and hoping to see in 2023
Podcast | 17. Januar 2023