Head of Shanghai
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate und M&A
- Wirtschaftsethik und Anti-Korruption
- Financial investors
- Risk consulting
- Regulation and investigations
Sun Hong is a corporate lawyer based in Shanghai.
Sun has more than 20 years' experience in China-related corporate and regulatory matters.
She represents clients in cross-border transactions including foreign direct investment, M&A, joint ventures and general corporate and commercial projects involving PRC assets or entities across a wide spectrum of sectors.
In addition, Sun has in-depth insight into the legal system of China and the regulatory and compliance risks encountered by multinationals doing business in China. She is particularly experienced in dealing with China's financial regulations and has advised clients on both transactions and specific regulatory issues. Sun's experience accumulated from working with government bodies, domestic firms and international firms makes her well positioned to provide clients with holistic and practical solutions to address risks and other difficult issues when arisen.
Sun has been recognized by a number of industry guides, including Acritas and The Legal 500.
She spent four years in the legal affairs office and five years with a PRC local law firm before joining the firm in 2006.
- Lawyer, qualified in People's Republic of China
- A UK company - on its potential acquisition of a minority stake (with the call option to increase the shareholding) in a Chinese company providing business aviation services
- An Australian investor - on its buy-out of the Chinese domestic joint venture partner following occurrence of deadlock circumstances
- A global commodities group - on its proposed joint ventures with Chinese partners (involving a state-owned enterprise and a private company) to conduct edible oil manufacture and trading business in China
- A global leading battery manufacturer - on the China aspect of its acquisition of the battery and portable lighting business from a US company
- A global commodities group - on the China aspect of the sale of its global metals business to a Chinese fund
- A London-listed engineering company - on its buyout of the Chinese partner in a joint venture in east China
- A global leader in commercial real estate services - on its acquisition of a Chinese company which is one of China's leading construction project management consultancies
- A leading international bank - on a wide range of regulatory issues relating to its proposed online offering of services to onshore and offshore customers covering the whole range from deal information sharing, transaction management to financing
- Preparing a regulatory matrix for a US headquartered financial services provider on the PRC legal regime governing a wide range of services and products that the US entity is looking to transact with Chinese counterparties
- Establishing an online portal for a Canada headquartered bank which hosts all the major legislation in China applicable to the bank and its business operation in China
Acritas Stars survey, Stand-out Talent, 2018-2021
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Leading Individual in Corporate and M&A: China, 2019-2021
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Leading Individual in Regulatory/compliance: China, 2021
24. Juli 2019
19. Juni 2019
16. November 2018
China’s nationwide carbon trading officially starts at the Shanghai Environment & Energy Exchange on 16 July, 2021
Publikation | 23. Juli 2021
Publikation | June 30, 2021
Publikation | 14. Juni 2021
Publikation | 11. März 2021