Jenna Anne de Jong
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Jenna Anne de JongvCard
Related services and key industries
- Food and agribusiness
- Prozessführung und Konfliktlösung
- International arbitration
- Regulation and investigations
Jenna Anne de Jong is an aggressive litigator and negotiator, representing clients in a variety of commercial and regulatory disputes and in an advisory capacity.
Ms. de Jong’s practice includes a particular focus on advising clients on issues relating to contracting with federal, provincial and municipal governments. She has in-depth experience in defence contracting and related legal issues, including the Canadian Defence Production Act, the ITB Policy, Contract Cost Principles 1031-2, and other legislative and regulatory documents.
Ms. de Jong has represented and advised both private clients and institutions in the broader public sector in responding to requests for information under the federal Access to Information Act and Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. She also advises clients on issues relating to the Lobbying Act, including investigations into alleged violations and the design and development of lobbying compliance programs, as well as election finance laws.
In addition, Ms. de Jong’s practice includes assisting clients with internal investigations into alleged statutory violations, drafting, implementing and updating codes of ethics and supporting policies, and assisting clients in developing innovative and engaging training programs to teach employees about their obligations under the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act and the Competition Act.
As well as litigation before the courts, Ms. de Jong has acted in both domestic and international arbitrations. She also has experience enforcing both foreign and domestic arbitral awards in Ontario.
Before the courts, Ms. de Jong's litigation experience includes arguing novel issues of commercial law relating to the interpretation and application of a variety of statutes.
Professional experience+Alle öffnen -Alle schließen
J.D., Queen’s University, 2011
B.A.(Hons.), Queen’s University, 2008
- Ontario 2012
- Nunavut 2018
Matters in which Ms. de Jong has acted include:
- Representing a commercial quarry operator in a complex real estate dispute
- Representing an educational institution responding to an appeal to the Information Commissioner justifying its refusal to disclose privileged information
- Counsel to a US creditor in enforcing a foreign arbitration award in Canada
- Obtaining a court order enforcing a contested settlement agreement
- Acted in a domestic arbitration relating to the alleged breach of a film sales agency agreement and award enforcement
- As a member of a team of lawyers in a NAFTA Chapter 11 investor-state arbitration
- Arguing an application for judicial review relating to a tribunal's failure to give notice to an interested non-party
- As a member of a team of lawyers in an arbitration concerning the interpretation of Contract Cost Principles 1031-2
- Obtaining a favourable resolution of an instance of alleged non-compliance with lobbying legislation
- “When the Wolves are at the Gate: Managing Regulatory Investigations” (panel member), Norton Rose Fulbright Canada/Association of Corporate Counsel, Ottawa, June 1, 2016.
- “In-house counsel privilege and maintaining privilege in internal investigations,” Canadian In-House Legal Counsel: Issues & Priorities, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada/Association of Corporate Counsel, Ottawa, September 18, 2014.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Carleton County Law Association