Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Matej Ovecka is an antitrust and competition lawyer based in Brussels. His practice covers all aspects of EU competition law, including merger control, state aid and antitrust. Matej has particular experience in notifying mergers and joint ventures to the European Commission.
Prior to joining us, Matej gained experience in an international law firm in Brussels, in the European Commission within the Directorate-General for Competition and in the European Court of Justice, within the offices of the First Advocate General.
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) with first class honors, University of Dundee
Master of Laws (LL.M.), Duke University School of Law
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York 2014
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2016
- Registered at the Brussels Bar 2019
- QatarEnergy - on the North Field East and North Field South LNG expansion projects
- Sandvik - on its acquisition of Schenck Process Group's mining business
- Sandvik - on its acquisition of DSI Undergrouund
- Pavilion Energy - on its acquisition of a portfolio of European LNG assets of the Spanish energy company Iberdrola
- internationally active chemical group (headquartered in Asia) - on its acquisition of a crop protection business in South America
- Gemalto in connection with its acquisition by Thales Group
- Greek utility Public Power Corporation - in abuse of dominance investigation before the European Commission
- A leading European food ingredient producer - on its acquisition of a majority stake in a food innovator (meat replacement products)
- Russian energy group - on EU antitrust law issues related to its investments in international mining projects.