Our preeminent global projects team has extensive experience in project finance structures around the world, representing lenders, sponsors, developers, institutional investors, contractors and operators in major domestic and cross-border financings.
“Fields project finance expertise, representing lenders and sponsors with regards to large projects in the transport, energy and resources sectors.” Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2019
Our lawyers take an innovative approach to debt and equity financing, enabling us to provide commercial and practical solutions to manage risk and ensure that projects reach a timely and cost-effective financial close. We offer clients a comprehensive understanding of the issues impacting the project finance sector and deliver sound legal advice on all aspects of a transaction.
Our experience spans regional, national and cross-border financings throughout the world, with particular experience across key industry sectors including financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our global team has recently been strengthened by our June 2017 combination with Chadbourne & Parke, which has a strong reputation of excellence in the global project finance sector and is one of the largest project finance practices in the world.
Our areas of work include
- Agency finance
- Asset finance, including equipment financing
- Debt financing
- Energy projects, including LNG, oil and gas, renewables and power and transmission
- Infrastructure financing
- Political risk insurance
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Structured financing
- Tax equity
- Telecom financing
- Workouts and restructurings
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, Australia: Infrastructure & Project Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Australia: Project Development, The Legal 500, 2019
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Australia: Project Finance, The Legal 500, 2019