Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Thorben Schläfer is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in Frankfurt.
He advises and represents clients on banking and finance litigation as well as corporate disputes and trade law conflicts before state courts or arbitral tribunals. He is also experienced in national and international M&A transactions.
Thorben mainly advises clients in the banking and financial services sector as well as industrial and technology companies.
He is admitted to practice law as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt). Thorben completed his studies of law at the Philipps University of Marburg and was academic assistant at the Institute for Trade and Business Law. Additionally, he was awarded the Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree on International Business Law by King's College London. Since he finished his legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt he works in our Frankfurt office.
Thorben is a member of the German Initiative of Young Arbitration Lawyers (DIS 40).
He is fluent in German and English.
- Rechtsanwalt (German qualified lawyer)
- Social Media Law Bulletin, Januar 2018: German law on hate speech – complaint procedures
- Newsdienst Compliance, Issue 11/2017: EuGH-Generalanwalt: Keine Verantwortungslücken im Datenschutz bei dem Betrieb von Facebook-Fanpages
- Social Media Law Bulletin, September 2017: Use of WhatsApp violating data privacy laws without the consent of every address book contact?
- Newsdienst Compliance, Issue 7/2017: BGH über die Haftung eines Online-Portal-Betreibers
- Data Protection Report, August 2017: German court: monitoring of employees by key logger is not allowed
- Compliance Business, Issue 3/2016: Compliancerisiken vom Ende her denken
November 13, 2019
Norton Rose Fulbright advises the Auditing Association of German Banks in relation to the privatisation of HSH Nordbank
November 09, 2018
April 19, 2018