Global | September 02, 2020 | 15:00 - 16:00 HKT/SGT | 8:00 - 9:00 BST | 17:00 – 18:00 AEST
Data privacy and cybersecurity are amongst the most business critical issues facing boards and those managing business across Asia. As the laws become more complex, the role of the privacy regulator has being increasing important and more high profile. In addition, the fact that data use and cyber breaches are rarely limited to one jurisdiction, means that cross-border collaboration between regulators is necessary.
Join our exclusive discussion with Stephen K.Y. Wong, former Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data who will share his insights with Anna Gamvros, Head of our Asia Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity practice to reflect on the developments in the fast evolving data privacy and cybersecurity landscape during his time in office.
We will explore a range of topics including:
- looking at key issues and challenges faced during his term, including the impact of COVID-19;
- the road ahead for privacy law developments in Hong Kong;
- the impact of developments in Asia and elsewhere, including Schrems II;
- cross border collaboration with other regulators; and
- how to effectively engage with regulators on cybersecurity and data privacy issues.
Anna Gamvros, Asia Head of Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, Hong Kong
Stephen K.Y. Wong, former Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Barrister, Gilt Chambers
Tiffany Tse, Business Development Executive, Asia