Our global technology sector lawyers have extensive experience advising on all aspects of technology agreements, acquisitions and licensing and on the development, integration and implementation of new technologies, as well as on disputes arising from these innovative transactions.
“Strong combination of expertise in technology law and the industries in which its clients operate.” Chambers UK, 2021
We help starts-ups and multinationals in areas including cloud-based technology, hardware and infrastructure, systems integration, data analytics, software, semiconductors, artificial intelligence, big data, internet of things and financial services technology, such as blockchain.
Our experience covers technology mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, commercialization, including software distribution agreements and R&D collaborations, complex multi-jurisdictional technology litigation and arbitration and all aspects of the acquisition, exploitation, and enforcement of intellectual property rights relating to the use of technology. We also advise on complex data licensing and ownership arrangements, including the intellectual property, data protection, contractual and regulatory aspects of data transactions.
We advise both technology companies and businesses implementing technology solutions, as well as investors in the technology sector, so we have a 360-degree view of the legal and commercial issues arising from major technology projects.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Application of software, including ASP, cloud and SaaS delivery models and open source
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Digital technologies, internet services and eCommerce
- Intellectual property, including acquisition, protection and enforcement, licensing and technology transfer
- Investments, including private equity, venture capital and equity capital market fundraising
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Procurement, including integration and implementation
- Regulation and investigations
- Software development, licensing and distribution
- Technology development and commercialization
- Technology litigation and arbitration
Awards and accolades
- Chambers UK, London: Information Technology, Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Legal 500 UK, London: Technology, Media and Telecom (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2021
- Legal 500 UK, London: Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, The Legal 500, 2021
- Legal 500 UK, London: IT and Telecoms, The Legal 500, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Coca-Cola HBC in the acquisition of a 30% shareholding in Caffè Vergnano