Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Alexandra Somerset (née Howe) advises on structured and asset finance and leasing transactions, with particular emphasis on the aviation sector.
Alexandra represents financial institutions, borrowers, issuers, aircraft and engine lessors and airlines on a complete range of commercial aviation and corporate jet transactions, including asset-backed security (ABS) financings, export credit agency-supported financings, debt financing, operating leasing, invidual aircraft and portfolio sales, engine financing and sale and leasebacks.
Alexandra trained and qualified with the firm and spent eight years working in Paris and New York before returning to the London office in 2019.
Double first class Bachelor's and Master's degrees - Oxford University, England
Legal training, London
- England and Wales
Advising / acting for:
- A European bank - on the sale of its entire aviation finance client lending portfolio (approximately €5.6bn) to another bank.
- A US-based operating lessor on - ten separate portfolio purchases comprising over 100 aircraft leased to various operators in Asia, Europe and the Americas; repossession advice; issuing of default notices to lessees; letter of credit drawdowns; engine sales and substitutions; and negotiation of MRO agreements.
- A US-based operating lessor - on the PDP financing of five Boeing aircraft.
- The issuer - on an aircraft and engine-backed securitization involving the issuance of more than US$350m of notes to support the acquisition of over fifty aircraft and aircraft engines on lease to 30 different lessees.
- A US-based airline - on the sale and leaseback of five aircraft in connection with its emergence from Chapter 11 proceedings.
- A major Middle East-based operating lessor on - the financing of its purchase of six new Airbus aircraft to be leased to various different operators; substitution of aircraft in existing facilities; and the refinancing of an existing loan.
- A major cargo airline on the transfer of beneficial interest in two leases.
- A US-based airline - on the purchase of 50 aircraft, flight simulation devices and associated training arrangements in connection with its establishment of a pilot training school.
- The sale and purchase of various corporate jets.