Nikolai de Koning
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Nikolai de KoningvCard
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Financial services and regulation
- IBOR and benchmark reform
Key industry sectors
Nikolai de Koning is a financial services and data protection lawyer (advocaat) based in Amsterdam. Nikolai advises on a wide range of regulatory and compliance aspects relevant to financial institutions, such as insurers, banks, investment firms, fund managers, custodians and payments institutions. He also advises on Dutch licence applications and notification requirements and assists companies in their licence or notification processes with the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets and the Dutch Central Bank.
In addition, Nikolai advises on a variety of data protection matters. Examples of his data protection work include general corporate compliance, cross border privacy solutions and advising on bring-your-own-device programs. He is regularly involved in multi-jurisdictional data privacy projects and outsourcing matters.
Nikolai holds a Master of Law degree in Private Law from the University of Amsterdam and graduated cum laude from the Law Firm School.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Orde van Advocaten: Nikolai de Koning heeft in het rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten de volgende rechtsgebieden geregistreerd: Financieel recht
- Association for Financial Law (Vereniging voor Financieel Recht)
- Dutch Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals