Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Mark is a corporate lawyer based in London. He focuses on cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments and exits and general corporate and commercial transactions. Mark has obtained particular experience in the TMT (technology, media and telecommunications), infrastructure and agriculture sectors, especially in emerging markets. He has spent over a year working as legal counsel for an 'impact investor', with a focus on investments in the agricultural sector in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales
- Airband Community Internet, a UK fibre to the home network provider, on its significant strategic fundraising from Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Orange on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Telekom Romania with a total enterprise value of €497m
- Community Fibre, a London fibre to the home network provider, on its fundraising and the acquisition of a controlling stake by Warburg Pincus and DTCP, which will allow Community Fibre to invest up to £400m in its network expansion to one million households in London
- Vodafone on the sale of Vodafone Malta to Monaco Telecom for an enterprise value of €250 million
- VAKT Global (a blockchain-based digital platform used to manage physical energy transactions from trade entry to final settlement) as well as its shareholders (a consortium of leading international commodity traders, banks and energy firms) on various fundraisings and shareholder arrangements.
- Amber Infrastructure on its investment into toob Limited, a full fibre broadband provider.
- A consortium of development finance institutions on their investment into a microfinance business in South-East Asia
- CDC Group Limited in respect of its investment into an Indian healthcare business
- Mubadala in respect of its investment into, and subsequent exit from, Hyperoptic Limited, a leading UK fibre to the home broadband provider
- FMO on a number of venture capital financings in the agricultural and technology sectors
- Orange on its £12.5bn disposal of EE to BT
- Orange on its $4.4bn acquisition of Jazztel Plc
- Vodacom and Vodafone on various matters including M&A, tower sharing and sale and leasebacks
- Barloworld on the sale of its supply chain software division to LLamasoft, Inc.
- An African state-owned mobile network operator on the sale and leaseback of its telecom tower portfolio by way of auction
- A telecom tower company on the purchase, leaseback and management of significant telecom tower infrastructure portfolios in various emerging markets
- A real estate fund on a multinational corporate restructuring of its hotel portfolio in the Middle East and Africa
- A private equity fund on the sale of a European commercial port
- A private equity fund on the sale of a European commercial real estate portfolio
- As legal counsel for an impact investor focused on the agricultural sector in sub-Saharan Africa
Publication | January 20, 2021
Publication | April 22, 2020
Video | December 07, 2020