Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Koen Durlinger is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer (advocaat) based in Amsterdam. He handles a variety of national and international corporate and commercial disputes, with a strong focus on restructuring and insolvency related matters.
Prior to joining the dispute resolution and litigation team, Koen worked in the Amsterdam banking team. As a banking lawyer, he focused on a variety of international banking issues, such as asset based lending, shipping finance, aircraft finance and restructuring and insolvency.
LL.B degree, Maastricht University
LL.M degree, Maastricht University. He focused his Master's on corporate and commercial law and private law.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten: Algemene praktijk
- Listed in the register of legal practice areas of the Dutch Bar Association: Algemene praktijk
- A LatAm oil and gas company as lenders – on the high-profile restructuring of US$850m of facilities.
- A Brazilian oil and gas company – on the restructuring of a joint venture to release/preserve value in the context of a high-profile insolvency proceeding.
- A telecoms company – advised noteholders under the €7.5bn global note program of a potentially insolvent company.
- CMBS issuer – on €545m notes to successfully restructure its debt in a suspension of payments.
- A major bank – on recovering US$27m under a ship finance facility.
Mark Craggs (London office), Guillaume Rudelle (Paris office) and Koen Durlinger (Amsterdam office) for INSOL World - The New EU Restructuring Directive
Dutch senate passes new law to allow for monetary claims in class-actions in the Netherlands - https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/en/news/095c1824/dutch-senate-passes-new-law-to-allow-for-monetary-claims-in-class-actions-in-the-netherlands
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- Amsterdam Bar Association (Amsterdamse Orde van Advocaten)
- The Netherlands Association for Comparative and International Insolvency Law (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Rechtsvergelijkend en Internationaal Insolventierecht)
- INSOLAD - prospective member
Publication | July 05, 2023
Not necessary to show complete control to be liable as a de facto director according to the Dutch Supreme Court
Blog | June 06, 2023
Blog | March 22, 2023