‘Recommended law firm’ in real estate law.
Our German real estate team, based in Frankfurt, Munich and Hamburg, understands the sector and can provide high-quality legal advice in all areas of real estate law.
Our team advises principally on real estate transactions and financing, asset management, property development and management and public and private construction law, investment law, as well as bespoke tax advice for all aspects of real estate, and support with dispute resolution including litigation.
Our clients include national and international institutional investors and funds, insurance companies and financial institutions, construction companies, property and real estate developers, architects, project managers and engineers, public corporations, real estate and facility managers, wholesale and retail companies, as well as industrial corporations.
We are recommended by German business magazine WirtschaftsWoche as one of the leading 25 legal practices for real estate law in 2014.
Our areas of work include
- real estate transactions
- real estate financing
- structuring of real estate funds
- structuring of real estate debt funds
- investment law
- asset and facilities management
- commercial tenancy law
- property development, private building law and regulations
- public law aspects of construction, planning and environmental law
- special-use properties: hotels, shopping centres, distribution centres, nursing homes
- non-performing loan (NPL) portfolio transactions
- tax advice.
Our recent work
- Advising CA Immo on the successful finalisation of an agreement to sell part of Frankfurt’s landmark office building “Tower 185“. Two German pension institutions each acquired one-third of the Frankfurt office property which has a market value of around € 500 million.
- Advising APCOA, a leading car park manager, on the conclusion and renegotiation of tenancy and lease agreements.
- Advising a Malaysian pension fund on the acquisition of a logistics property portfolio with locations in Germany, France and Poland.
- Advising a leading German airline company on the negotiation of building contracts and the claims management in connection with the construction of a new lounge at an international airport.
- Advising the US property fund American Realty Capital Global Trust (ARC) on the acquisition of RWE’s headquarter buildings in Essen, Germany.
- Advising AEW Europe regarding the financing of various properties in Germany, France and Great Britain.
- Advising a financing bank on the financing of the acquisition of an office complex located in a major German city which was acquired by two investment vehicles of a real estate fund based in Luxembourg.
- Advising Helaba on the financing of various portfolio companies of LEG and one portfolio company of Immeo.
- Advising private equity investors in connection with auction proceedings for a disposal of a significant commercial property NPL portfolio by a German bank.
- Advising FMS Wertmanagement on the restructuring of a €600m financing in respect of a German property portfolio.