Peter J. Wiazowski
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Peter J. WiazowskivCard
Related services and key industries
Peter Wiazowski practises corporate finance and securities law, focusing on cross-border debt capital markets and banking. With extensive experience in liability management, he represents borrowers and lenders, and issuers and underwriters, in secured loans, debt offerings, debt tender offers and strategic refinancings, as well as debt finance solutions for M&A, asset portfolio optimization and project finance.
Mr. Wiazowski is a seasoned liability management practitioner, representing borrowers, issuers or underwriters, in secured credit facilities, debt offerings, debt tender offers and refinancings, as well as debt capital markets for project finance and stapled financing for M&A. He also advises public companies on continuous disclosure obligations and risk management and controls.
Mr. Wiazowski is currently our national practice coordinator – banking and debt finance. Prior to joining our Montréal office, Mr. Wiazowski practised in these areas in New York and Paris as an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.
- LL.B./B.C.L., McGill University, 1999
- B.A., McGill University, 1995
- Quebec 2008
- New York 2000
Mr. Wiazowski has recently acted for the following clients:
- Regularly advises Canadian borrowers and debt issuers such as Bausch Health Companies, Bombardier, CAE Inc., Gaz Metro (now Énergir, underwriters), Videotron, Gibson Energy, TransAlta Renewables, Alamos Gold, Wajax, TC Energy (underwriters), Quebecor Media, Tervita, Vermilion Energy and Canbriam with respect to capital markets financings and liability management initiatives, including cross-border/multi-jurisdictional debt issuances (including 144A and Canadian private placements of high-yield bonds and Luxembourg listings), debt tender offers, senior secured credit facilities, and related disclosure and reporting-issuer matters
- The borrower in the financing for the Vancouver Parq Casino & Resort, a new resort and casino in downtown Vancouver, comprised of a complex first lien / second lien (1L/2L) loan structure
- Macquarie Bank Limited, as agent and lender, in connection with the senior secured credit facility financing of Semafo’s acquisition of Orbis Gold, and in connection with the senior secured financing of the construction and development of Semafo’s Natougou Project
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in connection with numerous acquisitions and investments, including its investments in Plenary Group, Spectra Premium and in certain wind energy assets
- Income Access / Ecom Access Group in the sale of its affiliate marketing technology and operations to Paysafe Group plc
- Alamos Gold Inc. in connection with its US$150 million senior secured increasable extendible revolving credit facility
- Bombardier Inc. and Bombardier Transportation in connection with numerous multicurrency, multijurisdictional credit facilities (including Bombardier’s US$1.3 billion senior facilities and Bombardier Transportation’s €3.64 billion letter of credit facility) and liability management initiatives
- Cirque du Soleil in respect of the 1L/2L syndicated financing relating to its acquisition by TPG / Fosun
- The borrower with the ongoing financing of a significant iron ore mine in northern Canada, including in connection with its US$300 million project finance senior secured bank financing, as well as the related equipment lease financing
- ING Groep NV/ING Direct Canada on the C$3.1 billion sale of ING Direct Canada to the Bank of Nova Scotia
- Acritas Stars 2019-2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2018- 2021: recommended in Corporate Finance & Securities
- The Legal 500 Canada: Banking and finance (Next Generation Partner), 2020-2021
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Banking; Capital Markets: debt (Highly Regarded), 2020-2022
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Roslyn School, Home and School Foundation – Fundraising Committee
- The Foundation of Stars for pediatric research – Fundraising Committee
- Past director, St. Andrew’s Early Childhood Centre
Publikation | May 22, 2020 - 4 PM ET
Publikation | March 18, 2020 - 4 PM ET