Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Dr Frank Regelin is a corporate lawyer based in Frankfurt and is joint head of the German Corporate, M&A and Securities practice.
His practice focuses on listed companies and capital markets. He has more than 15 years' experience in advising both issuers and investment banks in the course of domestic and cross-border capital markets transactions, with an emphasis on IPOs, rights issues, secondary issues, equity-linked products and corporate bonds. Frank is also an expert in public takeovers and mergers and acquisitions and gives ongoing corporate and securities law advice to numerous listed companies, board members and shareholders.
Frank has been recognized for many years as a leading lawyer in the field of equity capital markets and corporate in Germany by pre-eminent legal publications, including Chambers, Legal 500 and JUVE. According to Chambers Global 2018 clients describe him as "is diligent, always available, has very good technical knowledge and is very effective in negotiations." JUVE Handbook 2017/18 recommends Frank for ECM and quotes a client praising Frank with "great expertise, creative, solution-oriented as well as fast and always available". In addition, Frank was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Germany 2018 for the fourth time in the field of Capital Markets Law.
He received his law degree in 1995 and holds a doctorate in law from the University of Mannheim. During his legal traineeship he spent several months with law firms in New York and São Paulo. Frank joined the practice in 2007 as a partner. Prior to joining us, he worked for several years in the corporate finance and capital markets departments of two other leading international law firms in Frankfurt and London.
Frank is fluent in German, English and Portuguese. He is also admitted as a foreign lawyer to the bar in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Foreign lawyer (Rio de Janeiro)
- Rechtsanwalt (Frankfurt)
- Advised FSE listed electro-mobility developer Voltabox AG on the acquisition of Navitas Systems, a developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion battery systems in the logistics sector based in Illinois, United States.
- Advised longstanding client ADLER Real Estate AG, a German SDAX listed residential real estate holding company, on the issuance of senior unsecured dual tranche notes under German law with a nominal value of €800m. The notes were admitted to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Dublin (formerly Dublin Stock Exchange).
- In parallel to the notes issue, the Norton Rose Fulbright team lead by Frank advised ADLER on a cash tender offer to the holders of its €500 million 4.75 per cent notes due 2020, issued in 2015 under New York law with a volume of up to € 200m, which was also successfully closed.
- Advised ADLER Real Estate AG on the issuance of senior unsecured dual tranche notes under New York law with a nominal value of €800m, the second largest bond offering in the German real estate sector and the largest European offering rated BB+. The notes were admitted to trading on the regulated market of the Dublin Stock Exchange.
- Advised Berenberg Bank as global coordinator on the EUR 122m placement of 4.7 million existing shares, representing 19.7% of the share capital, of Solutions 30 S.A., a Luxembourg based software services company listed in Frankfurt and Paris. The selling shareholders in Solutions 30 used the equity block trade to increase liquidity in the shares.
- Advised e-mobility pioneer Voltabox AG on its initial public offering in the prime standard segment of the regulated market of the Frankfurt stock exchange. The initial public offering was led by Bankhaus Lampe AG as sole global coordinator and Hauck & Aufhäuser Privatbankiers AG as joint bookrunner. The Voltabox shares were offered both by way of public offering in Germany and Luxembourg as well as by way of private placements in other jusrisdictions as well as by way of a private placement under Rule 144A in the United States. The placement volume amounted to approx. EUR 152 million. The initial market capitalisation was approx. EUR 380 million.
- Advised ADLER Real Estate AG on the issuance of convertible notes with a nominal value of approx. EUR 138 million. The notes have a term of five years, a coupon of 2.5 per cent with an issue price of 95 per cent.
- Advised the majority shareholder of MOBOTIX AG on the sale of its block of shares representing 50% of the share capital to Konica Minolta Inc. MOBOTIX AG is a global provider of IP cameras and corresponding software and listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advised Rickmers Holding GmbH & Cie. KG on the issuance of EUR 175 million senior unsecured notes due 2018 and multiple tap issues increasing the nominal amount to a total of EUR 275 million.
March 05, 2020
Norton Rose Fulbright advises ADLER Real Estate AG on yet another issue of €800m dual tranche notes and concurrent notes buyback
April 30, 2018
December 06, 2017