Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Dr. Nicolas Daamen is a corporate/M&A lawyer based in Munich. He has extensive experience in advising clients on domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions (buy side and sell side). He also frequently advises on reorganisations/restructurings, matters of general corporate law and corporate litigation. Another focus of his work is the advice on corporate compliance, especially in the context of M&A transactions.
Nicolas works for clients from various industries, including life sciences and healthcare, financial services, and technology.
He was admitted to the bar in 2006. Prior to joining us in 2011, Nicolas worked in Paris and in the corporate department of another leading law firm in Germany.
A native German speaker, Nicolas is also fluent in English and French.
- Philipps University Marburg
- Appelate Court (Kammergericht) Berlin
- Care Luxemburg S.A. (a company held by the London based private equity firm Vitruvian Partners and its founders) – on the sale of Linimed Group, a leading provider of outpatient intensive care and artificial respiration.
- Linimed Group – on several bolt-on acquisitions.
- Wealthy individual – on the envisaged entering into a joint venture with an Austrian developer and manufacturer of gene-based dietary supplements.
- AnaCap Financial Partners (a specialised financial services private equity firm) – on the acquisition of Heidelpay, a leading German online payment service provider.
- Heidelpay – on several bolt-on acquisitions.
- German company – on internal investigations in one of its participation in the Nordics.
- Chinese company – on the envisaged acquisition of a German steal supplier.
Clients describe Nicolas as being „proactive", "very committed", "really good at project management", and having "outstanding communication skills"; they also praise Nicolas for his solutions-focused approach ("he is the one who always finds solutions").
- Compliance Due Diligence in Germany, Norton Rose Fulbright's "Business ethics and anti-corruption world", issue 5/February 2017 (together with Michael Gaul)
- Compliance due diligence from a company perspective – An interview with Roland Kemper, DEKRA SE, Norton Rose Fulbright's "Business ethics and anti-corruption world", issue 5/February 2017 (together with Michael Gaul)
- M&A return to the top, Finance Monthly 06/2010 (together with Rainer Herschlein)
- Germany 2010 – The Return of M&A in Germany?, International Mergers & Acquisitions Review 2010 (together with Rainer Herschlein)
- The German M&A and Private Equity Market, Executive View, 22 September 2009 (together with Rainer Herschlein)
- Directors' and officers' liability in times of crisis (Die Organhaftung in Zeiten der Krise), ZfR 12/2009
- The human rights activities of the DAX companies after the first reporting season on non-financial statements, DICO Talk on "Management" of human rights in companies, 15 November 2018
- Why Third Party Compliance?, Norton Rose Fulbright and Bisnode, 30 March 2017
- Peculiarities of a real estate transaction in the form of a share deal (Besonderheiten einer Immobilientransaktion im Wege des Share Deals), University of Economics and Environment Nürtingen-Geislingen, 5 May 2010
- German Institute for Compliance (Deutsches Institut für Compliance e.V.)
February 12, 2020
December 09, 2019
October 19, 2018
Webinar | June 19, 2020
Publication | May 01, 2020
Publication | September 20, 2019
Publication | August 30, 2019