Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Dr. Michael Born is a banking and capital markets lawyer based in Frankfurt. He advises both regulated and unregulated clients on matters relating to financial markets supervision.
Michael advises credit and financial services institutions and other financial market participants on regulatory issues relating to, in particular, banking supervision (CRD IV / CRR) and investment services (MiFID II / MiFIR). He also has extensive experience in investment, payment services, and capital markets law.
Another focus of Michael's work is the provision of regulatory advice on M&A transactions related to entities subject to supervision including, in particular, on shareholder control proceedings.
He also advises on regulatory matters related to innovative technologies in the financial market (FinTech).
Michael was admitted to the bar in 2011. Prior to joining us, he worked for a major law firm in Frankfurt and London in the fields of regulatory law, financing, and M&A. In 2015 he worked in the legal department of a leading US bank on secondment.
Michael studied law at the University of Bonn and completed his legal traineeship in both Cologne and Frankfurt. In 2012 he received his PhD from the University of Bonn for his doctoral thesis on European capital markets law.
Michael is a German native speaker and is fluent in English.
- Draft bill on implementation of 5MLD, Financial services: Regulation tomorrow blog, 24 May 2019
- Hard Brexit: German transition regime for UK market participants, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, April 2019
- Brexit-Steuerbegleitgesetz - Vorbereitungen für den Worst Case, Betriebs Berater, 25 March 2019
- Germany: Update regarding outsourcing by German fund management companies to UK asset managers following a hard Brexit, Financial services: Regulation tomorrow blog, 18 December 2018
- BaFin Guidance Notes on the German Money Laundering Act, Financial services: Regulation tomorrow blog, 18 December 2018
- Draft bill on national transition regime following a hard Brexit, Financial services: Regulation tomorrow blog, 23 November 2018
Publication | September 07, 2020
Publication | July 08, 2020
Publication | July 07, 2020
Webinar | May 07, 2020