For more than 30 years, our projects team has responded to changes in the global infrastructure market that have required the experience of integrated teams of lawyers who practice across various areas of the law.
“Demonstrates considerable skills in both domestic and international PPP project work.” Chambers UK, 2018
Our project finance workout and restructuring practice, comprised of lawyers with many years of experience from our internationally prominent projects practice, our top-tier bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency practice and our high-profile dispute resolution and litigation practice, continues that tradition by addressing the needs of our clients involved in troubled projects and transactions in the domestic and international markets in the project finance, energy and infrastructure arenas. Our team understands the intricacies of project finance, is knowledgeable about the energy and infrastructure sectors and has extensive practical knowledge and experience to unravel the complexities of troubled projects and transactions, as well as to solve problems.
Our clients include financial institutions, multilateral and bilateral agencies, insurance companies, developers, sponsors and creditors’ committees. Our approach is to field a multidisciplinary team of lawyers who bring different perspectives to a transaction to arrive at the optimal solution. Our lawyers analyze the pros and cons of the options available and advise our clients of the risks and rewards of each approach. We then execute the desired course of action, whether a negotiated restructuring, sale, bankruptcy, foreclosure, litigation or arbitration.
Potentially successful projects or transactions are often combined with adverse, unforeseen events. We have faced many of these situations, including dealing with large cross-border problems, problems that have arisen during the development, construction and/or operating phase of various projects, problems involving construction contractors and problems arising from the failure of a specific transactions’ economics or general collapse in a particular sector of the economy.
Our areas of work include
- Agency finance
- Asset finance, including equipment financing
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Debt financing
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Energy projects, including LNG, oil and gas, renewables and power and transmission
- Infrastructure financing
- Political risk insurance
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Structured financing
- Tax equity
- Telecom financing
Awards and accolades
- Chambers UK, UK-wide: Projects, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers UK, UK-wide: Projects: PFI/:PPP, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, UK: Projects, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, UK: Projects (Africa-wide), Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects & Energy, Chambers & Partners, 2018