On Wednesday, February 1, Norton Rose Fulbright hosted its second annual Motion 2017 – Discussing what matters in Calgary. The event offered a customizable learning experience including a thought-provoking plenary session with The Right Honourable Mr. Brian Mulroney, PC, CC, LLD and Deborah Yedlin, Business Columnist, Calgary Herald, followed by nine breakout sessions and a networking reception. Our flexible program was designed for legal and business executives. You can download the presented materials via the links below.
- A1 Litigation trends: responding to the risks and implementing preventative measures (PDF 994 KB)
- A2 Effectively managing your workforce in an unpredictable market (PDF 570 KB)
- A3 Investigating privilege: asserting and maintaining legal privilege over corporate internal investigations (PDF 911 KB)
The new economy
- B1 2016 – A year of change in Alberta’s electricity market (PDF 439 KB)
- B2 Carbon cap, trade and tax: understanding new federal and provincial requirements (PDF 821 KB)
- B3 Human rights due diligence: best practices and emerging trends (PDF 1.6MB)
- C1 Sustainable cities: effective resource management in a circular economy (PDF 1.2MB)
- C2 Public-private partnerships: opportunities in infrastructure (PDF 699 KB)
- C3 LNG in Canada: next steps (PDF 1.2MB)
Motion – discussing what matters in Tweets
The conversation continues #NLawMotion @NLawGlobal
United Nations Climate Change
Our aim is to help our clients understand the potential opportunities and challenges that COP25 may have on their business.
Managing IMO 2020 Compliance: The Importance of Engagement Between Bunker Suppliers and Consumers
IMO 2020 is almost upon us. Readers are well aware of the impending switch to 0.5 percent fuel mandated by Annex VI of MARPOL which will cause an anticipated drop in HSFO demand, the potential hazards of new untested LSFO blends, the concerns around scrubber operations, the debate over open loop versus closed loop, and the myriad of other risks associated with the impending regulatory change.