Our Canadian lawyers and patent agents are at the forefront of issues relating to the obtainment, sale and enforcement of business method patents, a term that is typically applied to a broad class of patents for inventions relating in some non-trivial respect to manners of conducting business or commercial activity.
This is a developing area of law and one that the Courts and Canadian Intellectual Patent Office have provided only minimal guidance on. With the confirmation that business methods are patentable subject matter in Canada, the need for qualified experience has never been greater to navigate the metes and bounds of patentability and either enforce or defend business method patent rights.
Our areas of work include
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Procurement, valuation and sale of business method patents
- Teaching and client education seminars
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Intellectual Property, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Intellectual Property: Litigation, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Global, Canada: Intellectual Property (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500 Canada, Intellectual Property, The Legal 500, 2020