Related services and key industries
Bernd Dreier, LL.M. (Columbia) is a corporate lawyer based in Munich.
Bernd has more than 10 years of professional experience and focusses on transactions for mid- and large-cap private equity investors, joint ventures, as well as M&A insurance products.
In addition to his prior experience in private practice with two renowned international law firms, Bernd was the general counsel at a Munich based private equity fund, and following that responsible for the warranties and indemnities insurance business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for a major international insurance provider.
A German native speaker, Bernd is also fluent in English.
- LL.M. – Columbia Law School, 2014
- 2nd State Exam – Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf (OLG Düsseldorf), 2011
- 1st State Exam – University of Passau (Universität Passau), 2008
- Law studies at University of Passau, Macquarie University (Sydney)
- Rechtsanwalt 2011
- EMH Partners GmbH (as general counsel) – acquisition of a minority stake in Design Offices GmbH*; acquisition of a minority stake in and structuring and implementation of management participation program for Native Instruments Holding GmbH*; acquisition of a minority stake in Brainlab AG*
- Capvis Equity Partners – acquisition of Wer liefert Was? from Paragon Partners and implementation of management participation program*
- Liaoning Dare Group – acquisition of automotive supplier Carcoustics Group*
- SGL Carbon SE – sale of the graphite electrodes business to Showa Denko K.K.*
- Bain Capital Private Equity – sale of automotive supplier FTE automotive to Valeo SA*
- Knorr Bremse – acquisition of Vossloh Kiepe GmbH*
- Siemens Aktiengesellschaft – joint venture with Valeo for powertrains for e-mobility*
- Elster Group SE – takeover by Melrose plc*
- Nomura Group – acquisition of German business operations of Delta Lloyd NV*
(* prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright LLP)
- Warranty & Indemnity-Versicherung bei der Unternehmenstransaktion, in Mahnke/Rohlfs, Betriebliches Risikomanagement und Industrieversicherung, Springer Gabler 2020 (with Carolin van Straelen and Jannik Revers)
- AIG-Studie 2019: Steigende Anzahl der Meldungen und höhere Schäden, in M&A Review Special "M&A Insurance 2019", June 2019, p. 36 (with Dennis Froneberg)