WebinarUnited States Accreditation 1.0 CLE | April 15, 2020 | 12:30 - 13:30 ET
With the human and business challenges raised by the COVID-19 pandemic, directors and officers must also be hyper-vigilant to the possibilities of regulatory enforcement and civil litigation.
Please join us for a webinar offering practical advice about what boards should be doing now to minimize the risk of both civil litigation and securities regulatory action. Advice was based on what we've seen after prior downturns and market crashes.
- Directors' duties: What the law says about balancing the interests of competing stakeholder groups
- Availability of the business judgement rule and enhancing the directors' ability to rely on it
- Key risk areas for public disclosures and what class counsel will be scrutinizing
- Financial reporting: Asset valuation, missed earnings, selective disclosures and risk disclosures
- Key risk areas under securities regulation and what regulators will be scrutinizing
- Gerry Pecht, Global Head of Dispute Resolution and Litigation, Houston
- Linda Fuerst, Senior Partner, Toronto
- Kevin Harnisch, Head of Regulation, Investigations, Securities and Compliance, United States, Washington DC
- Steven Leitl, Senior Partner, Calgary
- Peter Stokes, Partner, Austin
This is a 60 minute webinar and its delivery is available in English only.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
|This program contains 1 hour of content, which may be claimed towards the Law Society of British Columbia general hours CPD requirement.|
|This program contains 1 hour of content, which may be claimed towards the Law Society of Ontario's Substantive Hours CPD requirement.|
|This program contains 1 hour of content. If you watch the webinar in its entirety, you will be able to download your certificate of attendance that may be submitted to your professional order.|