Related services and key industries
Susanna Rogers is a competition and regulatory lawyer based in London who advises businesses on UK and EU competition law and public law.
Susanna regularly advises clients on competition and regulatory investigations. Recent experience includes: conducting an internal investigation for a regulated utility in response to whistleblower complaints; defending companies in the financial services sector in response to investigations by the European Commission and the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA); and successfully advising a company on a settlement process with a UK sector regulator as a means to avoid formal enforcement action. Susanna also advises companies on how to defend follow-on competition damages claims before the English courts. She is qualified in England and Wales as a Solicitor Advocate (English Courts) holding Higher Rights (All Proceedings).
Susanna also provides strategic advice to regulated utilities on challenging price control and other significant decisions by way of judicial review and appeals to the CMA. She has particular experience of advising clients in the energy sector, acting for clients involved in electricity and gas transmission and distribution. In recent years, she has advised on three price control appeals to the CMA in the electricity sector. She also has experience of advising clients in the water and rail sectors.
Susanna is able to draw on her experience having worked previously at the UK rail regulator where she was involved in a wide range of matters, including competition and regulatory investigations, market studies, licence enforcement, price controls, Freedom of Information Act challenges and access disputes.
- BA (Hons) Geography, University of Nottingham, 2000
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, 2001
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2002
- Higher Courts (All Proceedings) Qualification, 2006
- Postgraduate Diploma in EC Competition Law, 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law, 2008
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Solicitor, Advocate, qualified in England & Wales 2004
- Co-author, Cartel leniency in the UK, PLC, 2017
- Co-author, Antitrust concerns surrounding digital repricing software, Digital Business Lawyer, 2016
- Co-author, Pharmaceutical Antitrust: United Kingdom, Getting the deal through, 2016
- Dawn raid workshop - in-house guide for digital dawn raids, 3rd Annual Competition Law Conference, Thomson Reuters, 2015