Kirk A. Litvenenko
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Kirk A. LitvenenkovCard
Related services and key industries
Kirk Litvenenko practises in the areas of M&A and corporate finance. His M&A practice is focused on providing practical advice to clients in the structuring and implementation of mergers and acquisitions. He has acted as lead corporate counsel to a number of clients involved in complex multi-party business combinations, hostile take-overs and recapitalization and reorganization transactions.
Kirk's corporate finance practice is broad based with experience in both public and private offerings of debt and equity. Recently, he has been involved with a number of complex private equity financings and subsequent capital reorganization transactions. He has experience advising boards of directors and special committees on governance matters and substantive transactions in both friendly and contested situations.
Mr. Litvenenko is the corporate secretary of a number of public and private oil and gas companies.
LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1998
B.A., University of Saskatchewan, 1997
- Alberta 1999
Clients for whom Mr. Litvenenko has acted include:
- Tervita Corporation, as lead counsel, in its $490 million acquisition of Newalta Corporation, concurrent public listing of Tervita and $250 million high-yield notes refinancing, among other transactions
- Serafina Energy, as lead counsel, in connection with its $100 million in property and corporate acquisitions and $300 million of US, Canadian and offshore private equity investment
- Canbriam Energy, as lead counsel, with a $100 million private equity investment
- Canbriam Energy, as lead counsel, with the exchange of lands and $52 million in cash with Suncor for a 37% equity interest in Canbriam and concurrent reorganization of its share capital
- Primavera Resources, as lead counsel, in its private equity investments and acquisitions
- Cequence Energy, as lead counsel, with its $60 million high-yield notes financing involving CPPIB Credit Investments Inc. and subsequent refinancing of notes and rights offering
- Cequence Energy, as lead counsel, in connection with the concurrently announced $225 million business combination with Temple Energy by way of a plan of arrangement, $44 million short-form prospectus offering, $10 million private placement of flow-through shares, $6 million private placement of common shares to insiders, $85 million acquisition of assets in the Deep Basin area of Alberta, and $37 million disposition of properties in the Sinclair area
- Cequence Energy, as lead counsel, in the recapitalization and reorganization of Sabretooth Energy and a concurrent $46 million equity financing
- Brookfield Asset Management with an equity restructuring and internal financing of Ember Resources concurrent with Ember’s $220 million acquisition of properties
- A US-based pension fund’s indirect $257 million acquisition of Tusk Energy
- Law Society of Alberta
© Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2020