Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Stephen Taylor is a litigation lawyer based in Toronto. Stephen practises commercial and civil litigation with a focus on complex contractual disputes, construction and engineering disputes, insolvency, aviation, and corporate and shareholder disputes. He has argued and appeared for cases before the Ontario Superior Court and Ontario Court of Appeal.
Stephen placed first in the Queen’s University class of 2013, for which he was awarded the Medal in Law, and achieved the highest standing in both first and second year of law school, for which he twice received the Dean’s Gold Scholar Award. Additionally, he was awarded course prizes in commercial law, property law theory, private law theory, the business law symposium, written advocacy, criminal procedure, tax law, property law, criminal law, and constitutional law.
J.D., Queen’s University, 2013
B.A.(Hons.), Queen’s University, 2009
- Ontario 2014
Mr. Taylor has recently acted for the following clients:
- Ernst and Young Inc., in its capacity as court-appointed CCAA monitor relating to a claim to recover transfers at undervalue that was successfully argued before the Ontario Superior Court and Court of Appeal;
- Porter Airlines and Porter Aircraft Leasing Corp, on a dispute over turn fees and force majeure during COVID-19 before the Ontario Superior Court;
- SNC-Lavalin Inc., in a number of disputes regarding contract administration, engineering, and construction of infrastructure projects in the GTA;
- Accenture Inc., in a dispute relating to a share purchase agreement and claims by the former owner and shareholder that was successfully argued before the Ontario Superior Court.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada