Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Alexa Biscaro's bilingual practice focuses on international law and arbitration, constitutional issues, and business ethics and anti-corruption, with an emphasis on legal research and written advocacy. She frequently provides advice on complex appellate matters and judicial reviews.
Ms. Biscaro has appeared before the Ontario Provincial Court, Ontario Superior Court, Quebec Superior Court, Quebec Court of Appeal and the Federal Courts of Canada. She has also served as tribunal secretary for a commercial arbitration under the auspices of the ICC.
After completing law school, Ms. Biscaro clerked at the Supreme Court of Canada for Justice Thomas Cromwell. In 2019, she obtained her Masters of International Law from the University of Cambridge.
Ms. Biscaro volunteers as duty counsel for Pro Bono Law Ontario.
- LL.M., (International Law), Cambridge University, 2019
- J.D./LL.L, University of Ottawa, 2012
- B.A.(Hons.), University of Ottawa, 2009
- Ontario 2013
- "Domestic Commercial Arbitration Awards: To appeal or not appeal?", Canadian Arbitration and Mediation Journal, February 2019 (http://adric.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/ADRIC_JOURNAL_IAMC_2018_Vol27_No2.pdf).
- "Ontario Court of Appeal confirms the court's discretion to decline to grant partial stays of litigation in favour of arbitration", Commercial Litigation and Arbitration Review, February 2018.
- "I'm not a party and I'll produce if I want to: Getting your hands on Crown and police documents", County of Carleton Law Association 35th Annual Civil Litigation Conference, November 2015.
- "International Dispute Resolution on Trial," moderator, Canadian Council on International Law Fall 2020 Virtual Conference Series, October 29, 2020.
- "Wagg Motions: Getting the Goods from the Police and/or the Crown," CCLA 2015 Civil Litigation Conference, November 20-21, 2015, Mont-Tremblant, Quebec.
- Juristes d'expression française d'Ontario
- Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP) Policy and Advocacy Subcommittee
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- County of Carleton Law Association
Publication | July 13, 2020
Publication | June 12, 2020
Publication | June 04, 2020
Publication | May 19, 2020