Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Private equity and venture capital
- Investment funds
- Capital markets
Peter Valente is an associate in the business law group. Peter's practice focuses on corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance, venture capital and private fund formation.
Peter summered and articled with us, before joining as an associate. Peter has also completed a secondment with one of our clients, a leading national grocery retailer, where he worked on a variety of corporate law matters.
Prior to his law career, Peter worked in the capital markets industry at a leading stock transfer agent in Toronto.
J.D., University of Windsor Faculty of Law, 2017
B.A., McGill University, 2012
Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute, 2015
- Ontario 2018
Mr. Valente has acted in the following matters:
- Royal Bank of Canada, in its $1.5 billion offering of 2.88% non-viability contingent capital (NVCC) subordinated notes due December 23, 2029
- Flight Network in its share sale to a private equity investor (2019)
- Acting for various managers with respect to the launch of private equity and venture capital funds focused on:
- Real estate; and
- Life sciences
- "Private equity funds and co-investment: A symbiotic relationship," Global Asset Management Quarterly (Issue 14), April 2020.
- "Global payments industry: Frantic M&A activity not slowing down," The Lawyer's Daily, June 2019.
August 22, 2019
June 04, 2019
Publication | March 22, 2021
Publication | September 22, 2020
Publication | July 8, 2020
Publication | June 4, 2020 - 12 PM ET