Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Pardeep Heir practises intellectual property law with an emphasis on pharmaceutical patent litigation.
Dr. Heir joined our Toronto office as a summer student in 2018 and returned to article with us in 2019-2020. During his articles, Dr. Heir was seconded to GlaxoSmithKline Inc. where he gained valuable experience with commercial, employment, intellectual property and regulatory matters.
During law school Dr. Heir interned at a non-profit organization where he addressed proposed regulatory changes by Health Canada. Before his legal career, Dr. Heir worked as a scientific associate at a cancer research centre. He studied post-translational modifications of proteins and signal transduction pathways with the goal of targeting aberrations using therapeutic modalities. Dr. Heir's research has been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and he has presented his research at international scientific conferences.
- Ontario 2020
- Co-author, "c-Src Phosphorylates and Inhibits the Function of the CIC Tumor Suppressor Protein," Molecular Cancer Research, 2020
- Co-author, "CIC protein instability contributes to tumorigenesis in glioblastoma," Nature Communications, 2019
- First author, "Oxygen-dependent Regulation of Erythropoietin Receptor Turnover and Signaling," The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2016
- First author, "Hydroxylation-Dependent Interaction of Substrates to the Von Hippel-Lindau Tumor Suppressor Protein (VHL)," Methods in Molecular Biology, 2016
- Co-author, "Inhibition of SHP2-mediated dephosphorylation of Ras suppresses oncogenesis," Nature Communications, 2015
- Co-author, "Juvenile myelomonocytic leukaemia-associated mutation in Cbl promotes resistance to apoptosis via the Lyn-PI3K/AKT pathway," Oncogene, 2015
- Co-author, "Src promotes GTPase activity of Ras via tyrosine 32 phosphorylation," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2014
- Co-author, "SOCS-1 mediates ubiquitylation and degradation of GM-CSF receptor," PLoS One, 2013
- First author, "DCNL1 functions as a substrate sensor and activator of cullin 2-RING ligase," Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2013
- Co-author, "Hypoxia promotes ligand-independent EGF receptor signaling via hypoxia-inducible factor-mediated upregulation of caveolin-1," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012
- Co-author, "Loss of JAK2 regulation via a heterodimeric VHL-SOCS1 E3 ubiquitin ligase underlies Chuvash polycythemia," Nature Medicine, 2011
- Co-author, "Deregulation of E2-EPF ubiquitin carrier protein in papillary renal cell carcinoma," The American Journal of Pathology, 2011