Our construction and engineering lawyers act across all phases of development for a range of project owners, institutional investors, project sponsors, developers, occupiers, contractors and sub-contractors, financiers, consultants and suppliers on both contentious and non-contentious projects.
"Full-service firm that provides assistance to clients throughout the life-cycle of projects, from front-end contacts to any resulting disputes." Chambers UK, 2022
Our construction teams provide an end-to-end service across the entire project lifespan - from front end procurement strategy advice (over the whole spectrum of alternative procurement models), project structuring and development strategies, negotiation and preparation of contracts through to project delivery advice, post-contract advice for operational legal risk management, claims and disputes.
With deep experience advising on large-scale infrastructure, property, energy and natural resources projects around the world, our lawyers are skilled in assisting clients with meeting the local requirements of multi-jurisdictional transactions while also focusing on the broader commercial objectives. Global business is a reality and so is the demand for a highly skilled and mobile international workforce. Our clients expect and receive from our lawyers responsive, commercial and efficient legal support in respect of their global workforces and solutions to their complex legal issues on major infrastructure projects. With lawyers in more than 50 offices across the globe, we are positioned to handle construction and engineering matters wherever they should arise.
Our areas of work include
- Construction procurement advice
- Contracts, including drafting and negotiating construction documents
- Environmental law, including building code regulations
- Insurance, including bonding risk allocation
- Land acquisition
- Litigation and disputes, including alternative dispute resolution methods
- Professional licensing
- Projects and project delivery support
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Risk advisory, including due diligence reviews
- Zoning and land use
- Chambers UK, London: Construction: Contentious, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Chambers UK, London: Construction: Non-Contentious, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 UK, London: Construction: Contentious, The Legal 500, 2022
- Legal 500 UK, London: Construction (Non-Contentious), The Legal 500, 2022