Our global InsurTech lawyers provide clients with transactional advice, as well as counsel on the legal and regulatory challenges and risks related to the deployment of technology in insurance-related transactions and processes.
InsurTech encompasses the rapidly evolving use of technology in insurance-related transactions and processes. These developments are having a transformative effect on both the retail and commercial sectors of the insurance industry. As insurance is a regulated industry, ensuring compliance with law and regulation is especially relevant in this ever-changing market.
Our multi-disciplinary InsurTech practice, which forms part of our wider global FinTech practice, integrates lawyers with a wide range of industry and technical expertise and legal competencies and operates across the globe.
Our recent experience includes advising some of the world’s leading insurance companies as well as InsurTech start-ups on the legal and regulatory issues relating to potential use cases and the deployment of InsurTech. We also advise insurance consortia on their formation and governance as well as their deployment of technology.
Our areas of work include
- Artificial intelligence
- Blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Distribution and capacity arrangements and product design
- Insurance regulation
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and token sales
- InsurTech M&A
- Intellectual property ownership and trademarking
- Investments, including venture capital, equity capital market fundraising, private equity and debt finance
- Joint ventures and consortia
- Membership and digital media
- Smart contracts
- Telematics and connected devices
Awards and accolades
- Legal 500 UK, London: FinTech (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2020
- Legal 500 UK, London: Insurance: Corporate and Regulatory (Tier 1), The Legal 500, 2020
- Chambers UK, UK-wide: Insurance: Non-Contentious (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019