Our London insurance and reinsurance disputes team provides contentious advice on the full range of insurance disputes throughout the UK and worldwide. We focus on the specific requirements of insurance and reinsurance providers throughout our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
“They assisted us hugely with our negotiations. We got a lot of support.” Chambers UK, 2016
Acting for a number of the world’s leading underwriters, claims managers, capital providers, regulators and intermediaries, we deliver strategic and tailored advice on the most complex disputes throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, working as part of our global dispute resolution and litigation team.
- Experience in the full range of dispute resolution options, including litigation, international arbitration and ADR.
- Particular skills in: reinsurance, casualty, aviation insurance, marine, insurance, energy and power insurance, property insurance.
Our areas of work include
- coverage disputes
- drafting and interpretation of treaty wordings and other contractual documentation
- inspection of documents
- insolvency issues
- management of run-off pools and programmes
- regulatory matters
- relationships with intermediaries.