Our banking and finance litigation team has an outstanding representation advising some of the world’s most prominent banks and financial institutions on complex, high-profile and high-value disputes.
“Offers strong technical expertise with respect to derivatives and securitisation disputes, commodities issues and Islamic finance litigation.” Chambers UK, 2021
With a wealth of experience in managing multi-jurisdictional litigation and international arbitration covering all aspects of the banking and financial industries, our lawyers both prevent and resolve disputes by giving practical, creative advice that focuses on our clients’ strategic objectives. We are known for our deep industry and product knowledge, which enables us to advise on the full range of banking and financial disputes, including investment banking litigation, structured finance, fraud, asset tracing, enforcement and insolvency.
With over 50 offices across the globe, we have one of largest banking and financial disputes legal practices in the world. Our global footprint allows us to seamlessly advise clients across multiple jurisdictions, and ensures that our clients receive the highest quality advice throughout our network.
Our areas of work include
- Debt capital markets disputes
- Derivatives disputes
- Enforcement of ship and aircraft mortgages
- Insolvency disputes
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Islamic finance disputes
- Lending disputes
- Professional negligence claims relating to finance transactions
- Structured financial product disputes, including securitizations, conduits, CDOs, and SIVs
- Trade finance disputes
Awards and accolades
- Chambers UK, London: Banking Litigation, Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Legal 500 UK, London: Banking Litigation: Investment and Retail, The Legal 500, 2021