Our corporate disputes lawyers advise multi-national and domestic corporate clients on the full spectrum of complex contentious corporate and commercial matters.
"A client describes the team as 'outstanding across the board.'" Chambers UK, 2020
The team has extensive experience of litigation and the court systems in every region in which we operate as well as a strong international arbitration team. Where appropriate we use tools other than litigation or arbitration (such as international arbitration, mediation and expert determination) to resolve disputes in a way that supports the strategic and commercial objectives of our clients.
From creative approaches to settlement agreements to a strong trial capability, where dispute resolution is required anywhere across our global network you will find us to be effective, robust, decisive and determined. We also regularly provide risk management advice to pre-empt litigation and minimise the risk of disputes arising and/or becoming entrenched in litigation or arbitration.
We act for public and private companies operating across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. In addition, we represent financial institutions, accounting firms, hedge funds, and investment advisors, as well as Boards and Audit Committees, individual officers, directors and employees.
Our areas of work include
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Board disputes
- Civil fraud and asset recovery
- Complex commercial litigation, including breach of warranty claims and indemnity disputes
- Contentious insolvency
- Corporate, business and white collar crime
- Data breach and cyber risk
- IP and IT disputes, including defamation
- Internal investigations
- M&A disputes (arising both pre- and post-acquisition)
- Partnership and LLP disputes
- Pre-litigation dispute and risk management (including advising on the impact of information discovered during transactional due diligence)
- Regulatory issues, including investigations by authorities both in the UK and internationally
- Shareholder and joint venture issues
Awards and accolades
- Chambers UK, London: Commercial and Corporate Litigation, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers UK, London: Litigation, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Europe, UK: Litigation, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Global, UK: Dispute Resolution: Litigation, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500 UK, London: Commercial Litigation, The Legal 500, 2020