WebinarGlobal | June 08, 2021
Time: 9:30 – 10:30 BST | 12:30 – 13:30 GST | 18:30 – 19:30 AEST
As the world emerges into a post-COVID future, it is clear that infrastructure investment will play a crucial role in the recovery of global and national economies. FIDIC’s suite of construction and engineering contracts is widely recognised as the pre-eminent set of international standard form agreements used across the built environment, particularly in relation to energy, transport and infrastructure projects.
Our global Construction practice has extensive FIDIC experience. In recent years, FIDIC has published a number of new agreements and is due to publish the second edition of its short form contract (its ‘Green Book’) later this year. In this webinar, members of our international projects and infrastructure lifecycle management team will look back at some recent developments, including the launch of the 2017 FIDIC suite, and the anticipated changes to the new Green Book, based on our review of the pre-release version which FIDIC presented at its last annual conference.
This is a link to our dedicated Academy webpage: as it contains recordings of past sessions, registration is required to access this premium content. The topics covered in previous Academies include:
- IBOR transition in the project finance market: what's next?
- Restructuring energy and infrastructure projects
- Investment opportunities in the green recovery: EU Green Deal / UK Green Industrial Revolution
- Equator Principles 4
- When projects turn South – Traps for the unwary
- Managing construction and infrastructure projects and O&M in a new era of physical distancing and remote working
- LIBOR transition in the project finance market
- Managing downside risk and distressed projects
- Force Majeure, change in law and frustration
- Power, renewables and flexibility
- Gas, LNG and the energy transition
- Virtual closings and e-signatures
- Corporate renewable power purchase agreements
- Taking security and intercreditor issues
- Introduction to construction and engineering
- Project finance principles
A global guide to construction contracting
In these extraordinary times, our market-leading, global construction team is increasingly advising on force majeure and related relief claims arising under the various different standard forms of construction contract, which are themselves subject to a variety of different governing laws.