Related services and key industries
Troy Ungerman’s practice focuses on domestic and cross-border private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, private equity, venture capital investments, strategic alliances, corporate reorganizations and financings.
He provides transactional as well as corporate and commercial advice to domestic and foreign clients in a wide array of industries, including the aviation, transport, infrastructure, payment card, manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, technology and health care industries.
Mr. Ungerman is a member of the American Bar Association and an active member of its Canadian Deal Points Study.
Mr. Ungerman is our chief diversity and inclusion officer, co‑chair of our Canadian mergers and acquisitions team, the chair and founder of our Canadian Pride Network, and an elected member of the firm's partnership committee.
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1998
B.A.(Hons.), McGill University, 1995
- Ontario 2000
Clients for whom Mr. Ungerman has recently acted include:
Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. and City Centre Terminal Corp. in the sale of the passenger terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to Nieuport Aviation Infrastructure GP, a consortium of Canadian and international infrastructure equity investors
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited in its acquisition of Helly Hansen, a leading global brand in sportswear and workwear based in Oslo, Norway, for C$985M
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited in its acquisition of certain assets of Monessen Hearth Systems Company, LLC
Flight Centre Travel Group (Canada) Inc. in its acquisition of Umapped Inc., a technology company that provides travel documentation, communication and itinerary management software to the travel industry
The majority shareholder of the Accuworx Group of Companies, including Accuworx Inc. and Share Horizon Environmental Inc. to GFL Environmental Inc.
Solcz Group Inc. in its sale of the Valiant Group of Companies to a Shanghai-based Chinese consortium
Aspen Technology Inc. in its acquisition of RTtech Software Inc.
The owners of Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. in connection with the divestiture of Jamieson to affiliates of US private equity fund CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC
- Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Holdings Inc. in connection with the sale of Mobilicity to Rogers Communications Inc.
- Nortel Networks Corporation and Nortel Networks Limited in connection with Nortel’s divestitures after it entered protection pursuant to the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- Acritas Stars 2019 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- “The Role of Stalking Horse Bids in Canadian M&A,” Insight - Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions, Toronto, May 2011.
- Mr. Ungerman is a regular speaker at the M&A Boot Camp offered by Osgoode Professional Development.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association