Partner, Canadian Co-Head of Mergers and Acquisitions
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Troy Ungerman's practice focuses on domestic, international and cross-border private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, private equity, and corporate reorganizations. Troy provides transactional as well as corporate and commercial advice to domestic and foreign clients of all sizes, from start-ups to family-run businesses to multinational corporations, in a wide array of industries, including the technology, aviation, retail, infrastructure, transport, payment card, manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, and healthcare industries.
Troy is Norton Rose Fulbright Canada's chief diversity and inclusion officer, the co-chair of the firm's Canadian private mergers and acquisitions team, the chair and founder of the firm's Canadian Pride Network, and an elected member of the firm's Canadian partnership committee.
In addition to being a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Canadian Bar Association, Troy is a member of the American Bar Association and repeat team leader in connection with the ABA's Canadian Private M&A Deal Points Study.
- Ontario 2000
Clients for whom Troy has recently acted include:
- Accenture in connection with its acquisition of Gevity, a British Columbia-based strategy and consulting service provider focused on helping healthcare industry clients transform their businesses through innovative technology solutions
- Accenture in connection with its acquisition of Cloudworks, a leading Oracle Cloud implementation service provider across North America
- Accenture in connection with its global acquisition of N3, a business-to-business sales firm that combines specialized talent with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to enable smarter, more efficient sales interactions
- Accenture in connection with its global acquisition of CreativeDrive, a global, tech-driven content production company that simplifies, automates and scales the creative asset production process
- Accenture in connection with its acquisition of the Symantec Cyber Security Services business from Broadcom Inc.
- Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited in its acquisition of Helly Hansen, a leading global brand in sportswear and workwear based in Oslo, Norway
- Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. and City Centre Terminal Corp. in the sale of the passenger terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to Nieuport Aviation Infrastructure GP, a consortium of Canadian and international infrastructure equity investors
- Flight Centre Travel Group (Canada) Inc. in its acquisition of Umapped Inc., a technology company that provides travel documentation, communication and itinerary management software to the travel industry
- The owners of Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. in connection with the divestiture of Jamieson to affiliates of US private equity fund CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC
- Nortel Networks Corporation and Nortel Networks Limited in connection with Nortel's divestitures after it entered protection pursuant to the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020-2022: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market, Mergers & Acquisitions; 2022: recommended in Technology Transactions
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in Lexpert Special Edition: Technology and Health Sciences, 2022
- Acritas Stars (2019-2021) – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in the Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A, 2021
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Mergers and acquisitions, 2021
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in Lexpert Special Edition: Technology 2020 and 2021
- “The Role of Stalking Horse Bids in Canadian M&A,” Insight - Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions, Toronto, May 2011.
- Mr. Ungerman is a regular speaker at the M&A Boot Camp offered by Osgoode Professional Development.
- Law Society of Ontario, Buying or Selling a Business 2022 (webinar), March 9, 2022.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association
March 08, 2022
December 03, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright helps secure COVID-19 support package that will allow Porter Airlines to return to the skies
August 04, 2021
Virtual conference | November 09, 2021
Webinar | June 22, 2021
Publication | February 05, 2021
Webinar | January 23, 2020
April 29, 2022
January 10, 2022