Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Troy Ungerman's practice focuses on domestic, international and cross-border private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, private equity, venture capital investments, strategic alliances, corporate reorganizations and corporate governance. He has extensive experience leading and advising on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions involving multiple stakeholders.
Troy provides transactional as well as corporate and commercial advice to domestic and foreign clients in a wide array of industries, including the aviation, transport, retail, infrastructure, payment card, manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, technology and health care industries.
Mr. Ungerman is Norton Rose Fulbright Canada's chief diversity and inclusion officer, the co‑chair of the firm's Canadian private mergers and acquisitions team, the chair and founder of the firm's Canadian Pride Network, and an elected member of the firm's Canadian partnership committee.
In addition to being a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Canadian Bar Association, Troy is a member of the American Bar Association and repeat team leader in connection with the ABA's Canadian Private M&A Deal Points Study.
- Ontario 2000
Clients for whom Mr. Ungerman has recently acted include:
- Visa Inc. on its offering of an aggregate of US$4 billion of senior notes
- Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited in its acquisition of Helly Hansen, a leading global brand in sportswear and workwear based in Oslo, Norway, for C$985 million
- Porter Aviation Holdings Inc. and City Centre Terminal Corp. in the sale of the passenger terminal at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to Nieuport Aviation Infrastructure GP, a consortium of Canadian and international infrastructure equity investors
- CHAMP Private Equity in connection with the A$1-billion sale of Accolade Wines to Carlyle Group
- Flight Centre Travel Group (Canada) Inc. in its acquisition of Umapped Inc., a technology company that provides travel documentation, communication and itinerary management software to the travel industry
- The majority shareholder of the Accuworx Group of Companies, including Accuworx Inc. and Share Horizon Environmental Inc. in connection with the sale to GFL Environmental Inc.
- Solcz Group Inc. in its sale of the Valiant Group of Companies to a Shanghai-based Chinese consortium
- The owners of Jamieson Laboratories Ltd. in connection with the divestiture of Jamieson to affiliates of US private equity fund CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC
- Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Holdings Inc. with the sale of Mobilicity to Rogers Communications Inc.
- Nortel Networks Corporation and Nortel Networks Limited in connection with Nortel's divestitures after it entered protection pursuant to the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Profiled as a leading lawyer in Lexpert Special Edition: Technology 2020
- Acritas Stars, 2019, 2020: Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020: recommended in Corporate Mid-Market; Mergers & Acquisitions
- “The Role of Stalking Horse Bids in Canadian M&A,” Insight - Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions, Toronto, May 2011.
- Mr. Ungerman is a regular speaker at the M&A Boot Camp offered by Osgoode Professional Development.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association
Canada: COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Building business resiliency in Canada - Legal considerations for the new normal
Webinar | April 22, 2020
Webinar | January 23, 2020