Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Andrea Brewer's practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with a special emphasis on public mergers and acquisitions and securities law and corporate governance. She has acted for public and private companies in respect of financings, purchase and sale transactions (including by a take-over bid and plan of arrangement) and corporate reorganizations. Ms. Brewer also regularly advises directors, management and shareholders in the context of complex shareholder and board relations, negotiations and shareholder meetings across all industry sectors. Ms. Brewer is a member of our special situations team, which encompasses Canada's leading hostile M&A, shareholder activist and defence mandates and complex reorganization transactions.
Ms. Brewer was a summer student and articled with us. She has also been seconded to Royal Bank of Canada's mergers and acquisitions group and public company and corporate services group.
Ms. Brewer is co-chair of our Canadian corporate finance and securities team and a member of the firm's national cannabis law team. She is a member of the firm's National Pro Bono Committee, is the founding Toronto co-chair of WiN (Women in Norton Rose Fulbright) and is the past chair of the Toronto office United Way campaign.
LL.B., University of New Brunswick, 2006
B.A.(Hons.), University of New Brunswick, 2003
B.Sc.(Hons.), University of New Brunswick, 2003
- Ontario 2007
Ms. Brewer has recently acted for the following clients:
- InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust in its $110 million underwritten prospectus offering and concurrent private placement and its $48 million underwritten offering under its $500 million base shelf prospectus
- Orange Capital, LLC with a number of Canadian activist mandates
- Polar Securities Inc. with its activities in respect of Silver Bullion Trust and Central Gold Trust
- K2 & Associates Investment Management Inc. in a shareholder dispute with Klondex Mines Ltd.
- Kingsway Financial Services Inc. in advising the company with its recapitalization
- The special committee of CanWest Global Communications Corp. in relation to its restructuring
- Mobilicity Wireless in advising the special committee on wide-ranging issues
- Andlauer Management Group Inc. in its cash insider bid for ATS Andlauer Income Fund
- International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, in connection with multiple investments in various public entities
- The special committee of the board of directors of Roxgold Inc. in connection with its contested shareholder meeting and subsequent settlement
- Acritas Stars 2020 -- Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women in Capital Markets
- Verity Club, Toronto
Publication | December 2, 2020
Publication | August 24, 2020
Publication | April 14, 2020 - 12 PM ET
Publication | March 24, 2020 - 1 PM ET