Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Maya Angenot practises in all areas of civil and commercial litigation, including class actions related to consumer protection and product liability, as well as construction law. Her practice also touches on issues raised in private international law, in particular the recognition of foreign judgments and management of multijurisdictional class actions.
In the course of her diversified practice, she has acted for major corporations, financial institutions and insurance companies in complex legal disputes before all Quebec courts as well as before arbitration tribunals.
Ms. Angenot is also a member of Women in Norton Rose Fulbright, the objective of which is to promote women's place in our firm. As such, she participates in many events and represents our firm at conferences intended for women in law.
Before joining our Montréal office, Ms. Angenot clerked with Mr. Justice Claude Champagne of the Quebec Superior Court. Ms. Angenot is a regular contributor to the Canadian online legal magazine Slaw.
LL.M., London School of Economics and Political Science, 2010
B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2008
B.A., McGill University, 2003
- New York State Bar 2008
- Quebec 2011
Ms. Angenot is currently acting or has acted for the following clients:
- Sanofi-Aventis in a multijurisdictional class action relating to epinephrine auto-injectors
- Symantec Corporation in a multijurisdictional class action relating to computer security software
- SNC-Lavalin in successfully resisting challenge to the jurisdiction of the Quebec courts, including a motion alleging that Quebec was not an appropriate forum, in a $3-million claim alleging fraud on the company with respect to its operations abroad
- A Canadian company in obtaining injunctive relief in relation to an arbitration dispute with a foreign state
- A Greek national in a claim on proceeds from the sale of a Liberian ship that had been arrested in Nova Scotia and sold by judicial order of the Federal Court of Canada; the subsequent proceedings before the Quebec courts involved a jurisdictional challenge made by the Greek national also seeking ownership of the proceeds
- A major Canadian engineering firm on issues relating to government procurement and business ethics and anti-corruption laws and regulations
- Pfizer Canada Inc. in a multijurisdictional class action relating to the use of hormone replacement therapy
- Procter & Gamble Inc. in a multijurisdictional class action relating to the use of the product Fixodent
- Bayer Inc. in two proposed class actions relating to pharmaceutical products
- Gualtieri-Doran Scholarship, Faculty of Law, McGill University
- "Product Liability," Life Sciences in Canada, 2nd ed., March 2019.
- "Canada," International Civil Procedure, 2nd ed., Christian Campbell, editor, 2016.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Citizenship and Charters legal education program
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- American Bar Association