Kevin Johnson, QC
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Kevin Johnson, QCvCard
Related services and key industries
Kevin Johnson’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law matters, acting for a variety of participants in capital markets transactions. He has acted for issuers, selling shareholders, independent committees of boards of directors and investment dealers in public and private offerings of securities, related-party transactions, corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Johnson has significant experience in cross-border public offerings and both friendly and hostile takeovers. He also advises on corporate governance and securities compliance matters.
Mr. Johnson has been a partner since 1988. He previously served as a member of the executive committee and as head of the securities group for Macleod Dixon, one of our predecessor firms in Canada.
LL.B., University of Toronto, 1979
- Alberta 1981
- Ontario 1981
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Energy, M&A 2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020: recommended in Corporate Finance & Securities; Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acritas Stars 2020 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Acritas Stars 2019 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Chambers Global, Canada: Corporate/M&A, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- Chambers Canada, Alberta: Corporate/Commercial, Chambers and Partners, 2016-2021
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Private equity; Mergers and acquisitions (Highly Regarded), 2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Railroad Law, Securities Law, 2006-2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Securities Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2017
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Mergers & Acquisitions Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2016
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Securities Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2013
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2012
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Securities Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2011
- The Legal 500 Canada, (2016): Corporate/Commercial (Alberta)
- Lexpert® Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, 2012
- BTI Client Service All-Stars, 2012 – Leader in client service excellence
- Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, 2011: most frequently recommended in the area of Corporate Finance and Securities
Canadian Bar Association
Law Society of Alberta
Law Society of Upper Canada
Calgary Bar Association